Hello and happy humpday!
I absolutely love lettuce wraps! My personal favorite are the Thai Lettuce Cups from Cheesecake Factory! They’re so good, but rather on the salty side for me. These lettuce cups are refreshing, filling yet still light, flavorful, and healthy. I kid you not, but I probably make this recipe about two to three times a week due to the fact that they’re so quick to make.
You can also choose to make these with ground turkey, ground pork, or even tofu! You pick your protein (get it like you pick your poison?) and lettuce begin!
Total time:30 minutes
Prep time:15 minutes
Cook time:15 minutes
-4 oz. chicken breast (I used thighs because that’s all I had)
-1/2 tsp. sesame oil
-1 tsp. soy sauce
-1 tsp. hoisin
-Salt and pepper to taste
-3 stalks of green onion
-2 medium-sized cloves of garlic
-2 cabbage leaves
-4 oz. water chestnuts
-1/2 c. carrots
-2 tbsp. peanuts (optional)
-Cutting board (one for meat, one for veggies)
- Start off by chopping your chestnuts, carrots, green onion, and garlic.
- Let your pan preheat on medium high heat, then add in your sesame oil.
- Wash your lettuce and start ripping out a few leaves.
- Once the pan is preheated, add your green onion and garlic to the pan.
- Add in your chicken, followed by your soy sauce, hoisin, salt, and pepper. Cook until the chicken it is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in your chopped chestnuts and carrots, then proceed to stir for about 1 minute.
- Using a spoon, scoop your chicken mixture into your lettuce wraps. Feel free to add chopped cashews of peanuts if you would like.
I hope you guys have an amazing day! And if you have any suggestions or ideas for food I should create, please drop them in the comment section below. I’m running out of ideas!