Hello again and happy Friday loves!
With the end of the week rolling around, I figured I would share this quick cookie recipe with you guys to celebrate the last Friday in July!
You might have noticed that this is my second post this week.The reason being is that I’m still on break, and have nothing to do so I figured that while I am not drowning in a pile of school work, I would post on my blog.
Anyways, back to the subject. Who doesn’t love fresh baked chocolate chip cookies? They are warm, soft, sweet, chewy, buttery, delicious,melt in your mouth pieces of goodness. I remembered my mom and I would bake fresh chocolate chip cookies on the weekends. They were warm, soft, chewy, and bursting with chocolate chips. However, the best part was scooping the raw cookie dough batter behind my mom’s back, and licking it off my fingers.
Despite the fact that those cookies were delicious, I don’t always have time to be in the kitchen baking on the weekends anymore due to schoolwork (thanks school!).
The recipe I have for you is one that I came up with on my own while experimenting. Not only do these chocolate chip cookies require only four ingredients (five if you count the cinnamon), you don’t even require an oven. Just a microwave! With this recipe, you can have cookies in under ten minutes. Though they may not be as tasty and buttery as the toll house chocolate chip cookies, that doesn’t make them any less delicious. Let’s get to the recipe!
Serves: 4 servings (1 cookie/ serving, but let’s be real, you might eat w, or 2, or even 4)
Total Time:6 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Prep Time: 5 minute
-1/2 c. oat flour
-1/4 peanut butter (look for one with no added salt, sugar, and hydrogenated oil)-> almond butter also works!
-2 tbsp. dark chocolate (I use 85%)
-1 tsp. honey (add more or less depending on your sweetness)
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
-Microwave safe plate
- In a bowl, combine your oat flour and peanut butter mixture. If you don’t have oat flour, you can check out my blueberry banana oat muffin recipe, which has a segment on how to make your own oat flour. If you want to add cinnamon, now is the time to add it in. If you find that your cookie dough is too sticky, add in a little oat flour. If you find that your cookie dough is too dry, add in a little peanut butter.
- Once the two are fully incorporated, add in your honey. Stir in your chocolate
- With your hands, divide the dough evenly into 4 parts.
- Roll your balls into a sphere, then place it onto a microwave safe dish. Flatten the cookies.
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you are finished.
- Microwave your cookies for about 1 minute. However, this will vary form microwave to microwave. I have a 1000 Watt microwave so it only took a minute.
- Enjoy them fresh and hot. They are best enjoyed with a cold glass of milk.
*If you wanted to make this a single serve cookie, just divide this recipe by 4!
What are your favorite cookies?